Welcome to Punkin Seed Productions!
I'm a crafting addict and can't wait to share what's new! I'm so glad you're here - Punkin Seed Productions LOVES comments and custom orders!


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mom-You Taught By Example, I learned By Love


Being a mom, and then a homeschool mom on top of that, has truly been the greatest learning experience in my life.  It has stretched me and shown me how much I need to grow - the areas in my heart that need to be refined, mended and reshaped.   It has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done.  I am blessed to have three short people, soon to be tall, that call me momma.  =0)

Being a mom has taught me so much about my own mom and given me a much deeper understanding and appreciation for her role in my life.   Yes, there were times when I was younger that I was critical of her.....now that I am a mom, I just think, oh my goodness, she had to be a saint!!!  LOL!  There were seven of us kiddos living on a 25 acre ranch.  My dad worked out of town so my mom was in charge of the "funny farm".  My mom did everything from stitch up kids to deliver cows and sheep!  She taught us how to break horses, train dogs, tool leather, garden, can, milk cows (and goats).......the list goes on. 

One of the things I love most about both my parents was their encouragement to us to be whatever we wanted to be.  The girls in the family were told they had the ability to do whatever the boys did - and we did do it!!!  My mom went back to college when I, the youngest, was 5, and became a nurse.  Can you imagine 7 kids, a farm, a husband away from home and being in college?  NOPE, not me!!!  She has always been an example to me to step out and try something new.  She taught herself how to tool leather, paint, sew - I mean really sew - she has a taylor's license..... the list goes on.  So as I approach new challenges in my life, I turn to the example of my mom.  A woman who took the seeds and weeds in her life and made them into a beautiful garden.  I love you mom!


I'm Linking:












Life in the Pitts

Show and Tell Green







Creations by Kara

giveaways


DIY Day @ ASPTL






Get your craft on Thurs.
Transformation Thursday
Beyond The Picket Fence






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming






The Girl Creative


Photobucket
Making
 

21 comments:

  1. Oh, that is beautiful. all of them are. If my mom was alive, she would absolutely love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet - I'll have to print out this photo and see if my husband and boys take the hint. LOL!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi- I think these are adorable. And I love reading your inspiring and tender words as much as I love checking in to see your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great tribute to mom. I love these new blocks and the cute ones on your etsy for little boys. I love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristi, I just awarded you the Sunshine Award over at minutestospare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all so beautiful...I know it isn't until I was a Mom that I really learned to appreciate my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really nice! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these! What a great gift! Visiting from The Creative Crate :) Have a fabulous Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristi...these are beautiful! Like everyone else has said... they would be great Mother's Day gifts! Now off to plant a seed in your link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are simply beautiful! I love the message behind each one and your story too! So precious!

    Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...a great gift for mom. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    Ginger
    SSB

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this! Gives me a great idea for Mom's Day!!!

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat beautiful sayings...if I get my mom one, I risk ruining her makeup...and If I got one as a gift...There would be serious mascara! jUst wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet! I love the quote! Great Mother's day gift.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are such wonderful sentiments--what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I followed you over from the Life As Lori link party. You have a teriffic blog. I am now a follower of yours. I would really love it if you came over and visited me too. Be sure to enter the drawings for the necklaces, if you do. Rory http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kristi...I absolutely LoVe these!! PERFECT Mothers Day gift!! Thanks so much for linking up to my I {heart} mom link!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! You should drop by and add a link. I love the lavender, my mom would love that!

    ReplyDelete