Welcome to Punkin Seed Productions!
I'm a crafting addict and can't wait to share what's new! I'm so glad you're here - Punkin Seed Productions LOVES comments and custom orders!


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Winter Welcome Signs on Old Window Screens

I had so much fun doing the Harvest Blessings Window Screen sign that I had to make some fun winter ones. Take a look at how they turned out - they were so much fun to do!  I love how you can still see through the screen:
 This guy is painted on the neatest old window  - original paint and great corner metal pieces!
 He has some fun rusty snowman garland and a fabric "Winter Welcome" banner.
 He's holding a bird house and a bird is perched on his arm.
 Then there's Mr. Frosty himself.
 He has rusty mittens and a "Warm Winter Wishes" banner topping him off.
There is even a little rusty snowflake covering a flaw in the original screen.  A perfect way to welcome friends and family to your winter home, don't you think?







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
The DIY Show Off


Krafty Kat

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Kristi! They turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! Love them both! Wish I had a fireplace to rest one on!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing as usual! You are such a talented painter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo neat! I love the look of it on the screen!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com
    PS - I would love for you to link up your etsy shop on this week's Etsy Tuesday Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see some wonderful old windows painted, but I have never seen an old screens...now just is just too cute!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting a CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE on 12/9…would love to have you join in on the FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these screens are AWESOME! Very creative idea! Love the little rusty mittens too! Would love for you to show these off at my Holiday Hookup link party!

    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-hookup-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so unique!! I love that you can see through them as well. What a fun idea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to let you know I am featuring this! Stop by and grab a featured button- hope you'll be linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi..I was wondering how you got the paint to show up. I tried this once and my paint just kind of disappeared..it didn't stand out enough on the screen. Do you use a particular kind of paint or a thicker mix of paint? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wondering, do you add anything to your paint to thicken it? I've painted screens before but they are too see through and the details definitely don't show up like yours. Just curious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete