Welcome to Punkin Seed Productions!
I'm a crafting addict and can't wait to share what's new! I'm so glad you're here - Punkin Seed Productions LOVES comments and custom orders!


Sunday, May 9, 2010

The FREE way to Making Your Cricut Mat Sticky Again

Yep, you read it right, there is a way to make your Cricut cutting mat sticky again that is FREE!   Well, it costs you a little warm water, but that's pretty close!

So, take your nasty old, non-sticky mat, see all the paper fibers that are stuck to it?  That is what makes the mat not sticky!


There are tutorials out there on how to make your mat sticky by adding glue or spray adhesive to it.  But, I'm telling you, that you can do the following several times before you ever have to go that route!

Are you ready?  Drum roll please...........  all you have to do is run your mat under warm water and gently scrub it with a rag!  This washes away all the paper fibers on your mat.   Now, just let your mat air dry and like magic, it is sticky again!!!!  Easy, peasy and VERY CHEAP!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I needed this post terribly. I have 4 mats that I just can't use anymore. WooHoo and THANK YOU SO MUCH. Of to wash them I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I wonder if that will work with a Silhouette Mat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I use spray adhesive but that can make it a little too sticky sometimes...this sounds much better! I'm going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! These machines are becoming so popular, I know readers will love to know all the little tricks. It's no fun to use any tool if it just isn't working right!
    Thanks for participating in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Hope to see you again next week!
    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip!
    I bought a cricket expressions for myself right after Christmas, and have yet to plug it in!
    Now that is too busy!!

    Time to make signs though, so better figure out how to use it.
    I want to cut stencil,s with it. What kind of paper should i use for that??

    thanks
    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just about to spray some spray adhesive on my mat to make it sticky again - thanks for this great tip! You saved me! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I wonder if this will work for my Silhouette mat too!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also use a baby wipe and then leave to dry... good as new! Thanks for sharing your tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do the same. Always wash first then if it's not sticky enough I add adhesive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried this version yet. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is amazing! I was just going to buy a new in just a little while. Thanks for sharing. I always love to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hey! That is such a great tip. I have a friend who was just saying she was gonna have to buy a new one soon. I'll be sure to share this with her :)

    Thanks for linking this up to A Little Creative Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am featuring this today. Because it's awesome.

    http://lanieree.blogspot.com/2010/05/featuring-you.html

    ReplyDelete