Welcome to Punkin Seed Productions!
I'm a crafting addict and can't wait to share what's new! I'm so glad you're here - Punkin Seed Productions LOVES comments and custom orders!


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blog Swap with Fireflies and Jellybeans

Hello Punkin Seed Production readers! I am so excited to be blog swapping with Kristi today! Her blocks are SO cute!



I am Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans a little DIY blog that I co-author with my best friend Jeannine.


We have all sorts of fun Projects to try and we love to figure out new things!
I have a fun project for you today! We are going to make Scrabble tile rings! I know that you have seen the scrabble time necklaces and bracelets - so cute... now we are going to add a ring!








Here is what you will need:
A scrabble tile (I got mine from This Etsy shop and the are wonderful!)
Scrapbook paper
Elastic cord
Craft glue
Hot glue
Paper glaze
Scissors or X-acto knife





To help pick out your paper square you can make a "tile viewer" Just cut out a tile size square out of a piece of scrap paper





and use it to put over your paper to decide what design you want on your ring... do I want this brown in cream OR this brown leaf... hmmmmmm choices choices! (BTW the "tile viewer" is not my idea it was on another blog that I can't find again, But I think that it is BRILLIANT!)





Ok, now that you have pick out what you want on your tile, cut out the square piece of paper





Using your craft glue adhere it to your tile. Let the glue dry for a few minutes.









Using your paper glaze spread on an even layer over the whole top of the tile. Let dry (mine took about an hour and a half.)





Cut off a piece of elastic cord about 3-4 inches long





Tie a a loop that will fit around your figure and cut off the excess cord.





Hot glue the elastic cord to the tile where the knot is





Wear with pride! I think I may attach a piece of felt on the back of the ring so that the knot does not bug me as much... I am so sensitive when it come to these things!











Be sure to stop by Fireflies and Jellybeans for many more fun projects!

Thanks Kristi for letting me invade your blog! It was so much FUN!

3 comments:

  1. Fawnda

    Thanks for the blogswap. This ring is very cute - I'll have to go raid my stash of scrabble tile pendants and try it!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever...I might have to make some of these with Emma. Love to see guest bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these and wanted to make some, thanks so much for posting this, and where to get the tiles!

    ReplyDelete